Quentin B Thomas
QA Automation Systems Developer
Just over 10 years of coding experience in various programming languages, with a concentration in automated testing systems for small business. Elegant problem solver with a mind for creativity, and passion for learning and implementing new technology. A great ability to self start and consult with the client to meet the 21st century needs around automation whether it be Quality Assurance systems, or generic expert systems to increase business productivity.
SR. QA Automation Engineer
February 2015 - *Current* Spongecell Inc.
- Working to implement a new Automated Testing System to verify the ad-tech platform
- Doing Extensive work around customizing DSL's that interact with the companies systems so anyone can make new tests
- Responsible for verifying product releases and defect tracking in an automated fashion to ensure product quality for live campaigns
QA Automation Engineer
December 2013 - February 2015 HotelTonight
- Was responsible for developing and maintaining the mobile and web automated test suites for the QA team
- Was responsible for overseeing feature releases to production.
- Was responsible for defect tracking and analysis on both the api platform as well as the different mobile devices
- Was responsible for implementing 3rd party integrations for automated test suites such as Sauce Labs and Browser Stack.
SR.QA Automation Engineer
March 2013 - December 2013 Nisum Tech. (Gap Inc. Contract)
- Helped the company with its transition to agile methodologies and practices
- Helped build and maintain automated testing suites for the companies price recommendation engine
- worked on analyzing new code changes to ensure lower defects being introduced to the main systems
- Helped other QA Team members transition over to utilizing and testing new automated test tools.
March 2012 - February 2013 RentPath
- Worked on developing and implementing automated testing suites for our b2b team
- Helped develop more efficient ways to verify integration with 3rd party vendors
QA Automation (Contractor)
December 2011 - March 2012 Kit Digital
- Automate standard regression testing of the Media Suite platform using latest open source tools
- Involved from day-one on client migration efforts into the Media Suite
- I worked to contribute to the overall stability of the Media Suite platfor
- I worked to Support technical change analysis
- Participated in reviews of dependency specifications
- Functional, regression, load, ad-hoc and compatibility testing with different browsers and machine types as well as mobile devices
- Was fully involved throughout the project life-cycle (e.g. requirements analysis)
QA Web Automation Engineer
March 2010 - December 2011 CCP Games
- Designed, executed, and maintained automated tests for the organizations e-commerce store
- Tasks with documenting and implementing the QA process
- Debugged and tracked defects with multiple projects, such as new game websites and internal tools.
- Tasked with being scrum master for 2 major projects simultaneously.
- Developed and executed web service automated test beds for multiple system integrations with external partners.
- Created stress and load tests for client facing web sites.
June 2007 - March 2010 ista North America
- Worked as a Quality Assurance analyst for the QA Team
- Edited and Designed test cases that for upcoming project releases and new code changes for newly added clients
- Investigated test environment configuration issues.
- Evaluated back end business logic to ensure a high quality product for clients
- Performed white-box testing tasks for companies main CSR application
- Performed general application bug tracking and resolution for the companies various applications
Valencia Community College 2003 - 2005 A.A.
Georgia State University 2005 - 2007 B.A.